Trueblue Friendster Profile »

Monday, November 17, 2008

Frank Lampard: Why Blue is my colour

Frank Lampard is '100 percent' certain that he made the right decision in committing his future to Chelsea.

The England international plumped for The Blues despite being coveted by his former Stamford Bridge boss Jose Mourinho at Inter and, after seemingly interminable contract negotiations, he put his name to a new five-year contract in the summer.

While admitting that the death of his mother earlier this year did leave him considering the possibility of a change of environment, Lampard revealed that his return to pre-season training with Chelsea helped to make up his mind.

“Inter made a bid for me, and it was a possibility, for sure,” Lampard told the Sunday Times.

"It was a very tough time for me personally after the death of my mum, and my head was in a spin in the summer, he said

"I didn't really know what to do and I felt it might suit me to get away and change my surroundings and my life.

"But when I came back pre-season, I realised how much I loved this place - and, through speaking to my family, I knew what I had to do.

"I'm sure now 100 percent that I made the right decision."

Lampard’s decision-making process has been vindicated by the team’s impressive start to the season under Luiz Felipe Scolari and the former West Ham star believes the current league leaders have all the attributes necessary to finish the season as champions.

“I do believe we’re going to win the league this time,” said Lampard.

“Manchester United deserved to win it last time but with the squad we’ve got, the belief running through the players and the quality of the manager, I think we’ll do it.”

And who does Lampard believe to be Chelsea’s biggest threat?

“I would still say Man U."




Chelsea edge AHEAD of United in race for £15million STAR!

Chelsea Football Club are new favourites to land Axel Witsel.

Following an injury to Owen Hargreaves, Manchester United were last week reported to be lining up an offer of around £15million for the Standard Liege midfield player.

However, Witsel’s agent, Jorge Vidal, has now revealed that whilst the Reds interest appears to have cooled, the youngster could well be heading to Stamford Bridge in January.

“Manchester United came back especially to watch him, but I have not received any news from them. They may be discussing with Standard de Liege directly, I do not know,” Vidal told Setanta Sports.

“The club that seem to be the more interested are Chelsea.”

0 comments: