Trueblue Friendster Profile »

Thursday, February 07, 2008

Cech to stick with protective helmet













Chelsea's Czech goalkeeper Petr Cech will be obliged to wear his protective helmet for "many seasons to come," he said in an interview with the Czech daily Dnes on Wednesday."The opinion of doctors is primordial. And as a result of that I certainly will not be able to take off my helmet for many seasons to come," Cech said.

The 25-year-old goalkeeper was forced to wear the helmet following an horrific head injury during the Premier League match against Reading in October 2006. Cech suffered a fractured skull and underwent surgery following the clash with Reading striker Stephen Hunt.

"As the bone in the skull has already been fractured, there is no guarantee that this could not happen again. No-one wants to allow the slightest risk," Cech added."The helmet allows me to play. I have already got used to it, I am not aware of it during the game," he added.

0 comments: